Divorce & family Law
- Successfully represented wife of local physician in multi-million dollar property settlement, able to be resolved through mediation;
- Spousal support award to non-working wife of over $150,000 overturned on appeal, as a result of successful defense of husband;
- Fourteen day family court trial over issue of custody of four children, where two wanted to live with the mother and two with the father, able to achieve full custody of all four children for our client the mother;
- Obtained large equitable distribution award and large non-taxable spousal support award in a favorable settlement for our client, the Wife, against her spouse who earned millions on Wall Street, in spite of his hiring Manhattan lawyers charging $600 per hour. Our client paid far less and got a whole lot more;
- Defended husband against false charges resulting in dismissal of protective order issued by Family Court;
- Represented Husband with a net worth of over $4 million in preparation of pre-nuptial agreement;
- Representation of numerous police officers, firefighters and military personnel in their divorce and family law matters and experienced with federal and state government benefits and retirement systems;
- Have represented many victims of domestic violence and obtained protective orders and generous monetary settlements;
- Representation of many local teachers and administrators, and experienced with NYS Teacher's retirement system plans and benefits;
- Successfully obtained hundreds of divorces involving closely held businesses, including large multi-million dollar corporations, involving valuations in the medical, construction, automotive, nursing home and other industries;
- 25 years of experience dealing with license/degree/enhanced earning valuations, real estate appraisals, business appraisals, custody trials, support proceedings, separate vs. marital property calculations, and the many other components of a divorce proceeding.
What makes the difference?
1) Diverse Experience. In my years as a sole practitioner as well as prior years working for a large firm, I have developed many areas of expertise that are commonly found only cumulatively in a large law practice. If you are in the middle of a deposition and asked a question that might be incriminating, I recognize that right away, prepare you for it ahead of time and get you out of trouble as it happens, rather than having to call in another member of the firm. I understand the short and long term consequences of financial settlements and have years of experience in business formation, employment discrimination, criminal defense, real estate, representation of banks, estate planning, preparing of wills and trusts, municipal law, and other matters that are no longer the mainstay of my practice, but greatly enhance my representation of current clients.
2) Fees. Fees are reasonable, and I don't charge for many of the things that other lawyers do.
3) Personal attention. I care about my clients. I understand how difficult a divorce or a family law matter is and don't make light of it, while helping to steer you through to stay focused on what really matters--getting to the finish with your mental and financial health, reasonably intact.
4) No posturing. I tell it like it is up front, and won't make promises I can't keep.
Experienced in prosecution and defense of negligence cases for injured parties and insureds. Plaintiff's cases have included strict liability injury in fall from scaffolding, injuries to plaintiffs in numerous motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall injuries, and other torts.
For 25 years I have represented.persons charged with misdemeanor offenses and felony offenses, and have prosecuted numerous appeals including argument to the state's highest court, the Court of Appeals, in a high profile larceny case. Particularly experienced with DWI offenses.
Experienced in representing horse owners and equine professionals in all aspects of their lives. Have represented stable owners, boarders, buyers and sellers of high end horses and ordinary pleasure horses, breeders, veterinarians and others in all manner of transactions, reviewing and preparing contracts and leases, litigation, recovery for work labor and services, prosecution or defense of personal injury claims, filing of agister's liens, collection of accounts, and representation in real estate deals. Have advised nonprofit and rescue organizations and helped defend persons wrongly accused of neglect. Representation extends to NY residents and many out of state residents who have had dealings with someone in the state of New York, such as on a purchase or sale gone bad. Consultations can be done over the phone. Please feel free to call with your matter today.